Periodic Certification (Inspection or Calibration grade) of test sieves is recommended as with any precision laboratory instruments. Generally, the finer woven wire cloth requires more frequent inspections. Re-Certification schedules greatly depend upon your media, frequency of usage, sieve handling and care, and your internal quality system requirements.
Refer to the table below for the recommended schedule. Also below are instructions on how to submit your sieve for re-certification.
The table below offers a basic guideline for scheduling your sieve re-certification, re-inspection or re-calibration.
|ASTM Sieve Aperture||Number of Uses||OR||Months in Use|
|5” to ¼”||80||36|
|½” to No. 12||70||30|
|No. 14 to No. 40||60||24|
|No. 45 to No. 140||50||18|
|No. 170 to No. 325||35||12|
|No. 400 to No. 635||20||6|
*For more detailed information on Sieve Compliance, Inspection and Calibration requirements please refer to the current ASTM E 11 Standard Specifications for
Woven Wire Test Sieve Cloth and Test Sieves.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SENDING SIEVE(S) IN FOR CERTIFICATION, INSPECTION or CALIBRATION
- It is not necessary to acquire a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) prior to sending us your sieve(s).
- Sieve(s) must be thoroughly cleaned in order to protect our employees and yield the most accurate test results.
- Sieve(s) not properly cleaned will incur a cleaning fee.
- Only orders accompanied by a purchase order and a completed Decontamination Declaration will be processed.
- Please also attach a copy of the Decontamination Declaration to the outside of your box.
- Please send sieve(s) and required paperwork to:
Advantech Manufacturing, Inc.
Attn: Lab Services
2450 S. Commerce Drive
New Berlin, WI 53151